It's very rare that a party will make me google a term, but Belvedere bash last night had me puzzled. Walking around the space @ 117 Mercer St. I felt like Alice in wonderland asking myself a question: "Maceration, maceration....What a hell is maceration?" Alice had wonderland and the rest us have google, so it turns out maceration means: preparation of an extract by soaking material (among other things, some not so pretty). How appropriate for Belvedere, I love it. Genius branding, so far I can't get the term out of my head. And guess what? There is also a Belvie (bag) designed by Jonathan Kelsey (famous for shoes) with a secret compartment to carry your own bottle of Belvedere maceration cocktail you made at home. Thank God there only a 100 of those works of art in the world, otherwise bars would go out of business.Beauty Queens had a dance off, bartenders were model material and the door was tough.
Thank you Kenny for getting us in, you are wonderful. All in all the party was a smashing success, I discovered a new designer whose shoes I am in love with already and learned a new term. Will I switch from wine to Belvedere? We'll see about that :)
But if you want to see a website that will make you drool please visit http://www.macerationisnatural.com/ and decide for yourself if this branding/re branding is worth your time. The videos are hysterical and best enjoyed under the influence, of course.
Thank you all who let me take a picture last night, because you color New York and without you life would be dull...
Beautiful creatures
No comments:
Post a Comment